New room, same heat. At least you have real desks… right?
OK! So we don’t have class till Wednesday, September 27th but I am sending the work now.
Rodman’s Chapters 4 & 5. I MAY give a quiz on one of the chapters. Feeling chapter 4. But I have been known to change my mind.
It got too hot so we couldn’t finish but please watch the 2nd half of “All The President’s Men” documentary. Extra credit to watch and write a nice long reaction piece to the film starring Redford & Hoffman.
Use this in your reaction to the blog assignment too!
The Blog Assignment:
Today’s World, Post-Truth, Fake News, and the Current Media Environment
Read the following three articles:
*Yes, I love The Atlantic*
Answer the following questions:
— What is fake news? If you don’t know, go look it up.
– What is your immediate reaction to these articles? What stood out to you?
– Do you agree/disagree with America losing its mind?
– Do you think the term “fake news” is accurate? Why or why not. What word would you use in its place?
– Should Facebook or other sites be held to a journalistic standard? What standard do you think that should be? Should people be held to a standard?
- What is going on with Facebook over the past week?
– Should truth be up for debate?
– Use Rodman’s Chapter 2: Media Impact, and the videos above in your response too….
– And anything else you want to add here… go for it.
Word Count: 500-1500 (or more) words
Enjoy the time away!
See you next Wednesday.
And if you made it this far – I changed my mind, chapter 5 quiz.